I know that this is sooooo late in the month but here I go.I have been reading way more than usual, especially in August, I had an amazing reading month. I read a total of 14 books, 4 in July and 10 in August and they are a mix of books and audiobooks of different genres. In addition, I participated in several book tours so any reviews I have will be linked and mostly my rates have been four or five stars, so not so bad eh!?
- “Elemental Secrets” by Elle Middaugh. This is the first book in a series and I read it because I was participating in the book tour of the second one. I got problems with the main character as she was superficial and selfish, but the plot was good and the world building was done very nicely.
- Winter by Marissa Meyer. This is the last book in the Lunar Chronicles series, and I listened to the audiobook of this one. I enjoyed this one a lot, I think that the actress did an amazing job with the reading. This was a great finale for an amazing series.
- Murder in Little Shendon by A.H. This is a murder mystery book that kind of remind me of Agatha Christie’s style. The mystery was solid and the development was great. You can find my review here.
- A toast to murder by Allyson K Abbott. This is a cozy mystery book. It wasn’t the first book in the series which sometimes doesn’t matter, you are still able to follow up without problems, but in this case, I was feeling lost at some points which reduce my enjoyment. You can read my review here.
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. Now I can understand what the hype was all about. I loved this book. It was an intense read with twists and turned all the way and great set of characters. I can’t wait to read the second one.
- These shallow graves by Jennifer Donnelly. I listened to the audiobook of this one and it was a fantastic suspense book. I especially liked Jo Monfort, the main protagonist. She was a strong character that is determined to find out what happened to her father, was he murdered? Or did he committed suicide?
- Visions in death by J.D.Robb. Another fantastic addition to the In Death series. This I listened to the audiobook and I really liked the actress for this one. She did a fantastic job. I don’t know how J.D Robb does it but I can’t help but love all her books, each one has a great murder mystery to solve, and Eve has become one of my favorite characters.
- A time for everything by Brona Mills. This is a contemporary time travel book. This was a good book to make you think about what we do with our time and the decisions we made in our life. You can read my review here.
- Trap and trace by M. Carney. Fantastic spy thriller. Highly recommend it. You can read my review here.
- Elemental lies by Elle Middaugh. This is the second book in the Essential Elements series, and I liked it more than the first one. For instance, I didn’t find the main character so annoying and the plot was more political which I enjoyed more. You can read my review here.
- Bad Blood by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. The final book in The Naturals series and wow! I liked how everything wraps up and how the author linked the stories of pending characters. Highly highly recommend this.
- Rewired by SR Johannes. Great cyber thriller. I was pleasantly surprised with this book. I didn’t know much of what was going to be about but enjoyed it a lot. You can read my review here.
- Murder at chateau sur mer by Alyssa Maxwell. Another cozy mystery. I liked the mystery though I must admit that some points were a bit slow.
- Nemesis by Brendan Reichs. Another audiobook that I listened to. I had seen this book around and was curious to see what it was all about. I didn’t know much when I started it but I liked it a lot, especially the actresses they were fantastic.
Wooow this was a long post! Well, these are all the books I read, have you read any of these? Did you like them? What have you recently finished?